Herringbone CHINAMFG Processing
Herringbone Gear drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
Large Herringbone Gear Package
Spray anti-rust oil on Big Herringbone Gear, Wrap waterproof cloth around Helical Gear, Prepare package by gear shape & weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
OEM Customized Herringbone Gear
We supply OEM SERVICE, customized herringbone gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material gear shaft.
|Gear Teeth Number
|Range: HRC 50~HRC63(Quenching)
|Range: HB150~HB280; Hardening Tempering/ Hardened Tooth Surface
|Tooth surface roughness
|Gear Accuracy Grade
|Grade Range: 5-6-7-8-9 (ISO 1328)
|Range: >100kg/ Single Piece
|Toothed Portion Shape
|Herringbone, Spur, Helical, Girth gear etc
|Herringbone Gear ring
|Casting 45# steel or Customized
|Gear Teeth Milling
|Gear Teeth Grinding
|Gearbox, Reducer etc
|Export package (steel frame, wooden box, etc.)
TOTEM Machinery all the time works to supply GEAR SHAFT, ECCENTRIC SHAFT, HERRINGBONE GEAR, BEVEL GEAR, INTERNAL GEAR and other parts for transmission device & equipment (large industrial reducer & driver). Which mainly use to industrial equipment on fields of port facilities, cement, mining, metallurgical industry etc.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality suppliers' network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
TOTEM Philosophy: Quality-No.1, Integrity- No.1, Service- No.1
24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback. Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
1. Workshop & Processing Strength
2. Testing Facilities
3. Customer Inspection & Shipping
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Machinery Co.,Ltd
Facebook: ZheJiang Tote
What's CHINAMFG product processing progress?
Drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
How about TOTEM's export package?
Spray anti-rust oil on Herringbone Gear Shaft, Wrap waterproof cloth around Gear Shaft for reducer, Prepare package by shaft shape&weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
Could I customize gear\gear shaft on TOTEM?
We supply customized Gear Shaft,Eccentric Shaft,Herringbone Gear,Internal Gear,Bevel Gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, forging or casting 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material.
Why can I choose TOTEM?
TOTEM has 24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality supplier's network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
|Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery, Gearbox
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Can you provide examples of machinery that use bevel gears?
Bevel gears are widely used in various machinery and mechanical systems where torque transmission and direction changes are required. These gears are specifically designed to transmit power between intersecting shafts at different angles. Here are some examples of machinery and equipment that commonly use bevel gears:
- Automotive Industry: Bevel gears are extensively used in automotive applications. They can be found in different parts of vehicles, including the differential gear system, powertrain components, steering systems, and transfer cases. In the differential, bevel gears help distribute torque between the drive wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds during turns.
- Aerospace Industry: Bevel gears are utilized in various aerospace applications, such as aircraft engines, landing gear systems, and helicopter transmissions. They play a critical role in transferring power and changing the direction of rotation in these high-performance systems.
- Industrial Machinery: Bevel gears are commonly employed in industrial machinery and equipment. They are used in gearboxes, speed reducers, and power transmission systems. Examples include conveyors, mixers, pumps, packaging machinery, printing presses, and textile machinery. Bevel gears allow efficient power transmission and enable the machinery to operate at different speeds and directions as required by the specific application.
- Construction and Heavy Equipment: Bevel gears are found in construction equipment such as cranes, excavators, loaders, and bulldozers. They are integral components of the drivetrain systems, enabling the transfer of power and torque to the wheels or tracks, as well as facilitating steering and movement of the equipment.
- Marine Applications: Bevel gears are utilized in various marine applications, including propulsion systems, marine generators, winches, steering mechanisms, and anchor handling equipment. They help transmit power efficiently and withstand the challenging marine environment.
- Machine Tools: Bevel gears are employed in machine tools such as milling machines, lathes, and grinders. They are essential for transmitting power and facilitating the required speed and direction changes in these precision machining systems.
- Power Plants: Bevel gears are used in power generation facilities, including wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They play a crucial role in converting the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electrical energy by transmitting torque to the generator.
- Mining and Material Handling: Bevel gears are commonly found in mining equipment, conveyor systems, and material handling machinery. They are used to transfer power and facilitate the movement of bulk materials, such as ores, coal, and aggregates.
These examples represent just a few of the many applications where bevel gears are utilized. Bevel gears offer versatility, efficiency, and reliability in transmitting power and changing direction in various mechanical systems across different industries.
Can bevel gears be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations?
Yes, bevel gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations, although certain considerations should be taken into account for each orientation. Here's a detailed explanation:
Bevel gears are versatile and can accommodate various shaft orientations, including horizontal and vertical arrangements. The suitability of bevel gears for a specific orientation depends on factors such as load distribution, lubrication, and potential effects of gravity. Here are some considerations for each orientation:
- Horizontal Orientation: In horizontal applications, where the shafts are parallel to the ground, bevel gears can be used effectively. Proper lubrication is crucial to ensure adequate film formation and minimize friction and wear. Horizontal orientation typically allows for good load distribution among the gear teeth, promoting even wear and reducing the risk of localized stress concentrations. However, it is important to consider the effects of axial forces and thrust loads that may be present in the system and ensure that the gear design and bearings can handle these loads appropriately.
- Vertical Orientation: When bevel gears are used in a vertical orientation, where the shafts are perpendicular to the ground, additional considerations come into play. Gravity can introduce new challenges, such as the potential for gear thrust loads, lubricant pooling, and inadequate load distribution. To address these challenges, steps can be taken, including incorporating thrust bearings or thrust plates to handle axial forces, optimizing gear design to ensure proper load sharing, and implementing suitable lubrication methods to prevent lubricant pooling and ensure consistent lubrication to all gear surfaces. Additionally, proper sealing measures may be necessary to prevent lubricant leakage in the vertical orientation.
Overall, by considering the specific requirements and challenges associated with each orientation, bevel gears can be successfully utilized in both horizontal and vertical arrangements. Careful attention to design, lubrication, load distribution, and thrust management can help ensure reliable and efficient operation in either orientation.
It is important to note that for certain extreme or specialized applications, additional considerations and modifications may be required to accommodate the specific demands of the gear system. Consulting with experienced engineers and considering application-specific factors will help determine the most suitable gear design and orientation for a given application.
How do you calculate the gear ratio of a bevel gear?
Calculating the gear ratio of a bevel gear involves determining the ratio between the number of teeth on the driving gear (pinion) and the driven gear (crown gear). Here's a detailed explanation of how to calculate the gear ratio of a bevel gear:
The gear ratio is determined by the relationship between the number of teeth on the pinion and the crown gear. The gear ratio is defined as the ratio of the number of teeth on the driven gear (crown gear) to the number of teeth on the driving gear (pinion). It can be calculated using the following formula:
Gear Ratio = Number of Teeth on Crown Gear / Number of Teeth on Pinion Gear
For example, let's consider a bevel gear system with a crown gear that has 40 teeth and a pinion gear with 10 teeth. The gear ratio can be calculated as follows:
Gear Ratio = 40 / 10 = 4
In this example, the gear ratio is 4:1, which means that for every four revolutions of the driving gear (pinion), the driven gear (crown gear) completes one revolution.
It's important to note that the gear ratio can also be expressed as a decimal or a percentage. For the example above, the gear ratio can be expressed as 4 or 400%.
Calculating the gear ratio is essential for understanding the speed relationship and torque transmission between the driving and driven gears in a bevel gear system. The gear ratio determines the relative rotational speed and torque amplification or reduction between the gears.
It's worth mentioning that the gear ratio calculation assumes ideal geometries and does not consider factors such as backlash, efficiency losses, or any other system-specific considerations. In practical applications, it's advisable to consider these factors and consult gear manufacturers or engineers for more accurate calculations and gear selection.
In summary, the gear ratio of a bevel gear is determined by dividing the number of teeth on the crown gear by the number of teeth on the pinion gear. The gear ratio defines the speed and torque relationship between the driving and driven gears in a bevel gear system.
editor by CX 2023-09-28