Herringbone CHINAMFG Processing
Herringbone Gear drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
Large Herringbone Gear Package
Spray anti-rust oil on Big Herringbone Gear, Wrap waterproof cloth around Helical Gear, Prepare package by gear shape & weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
OEM Customized Herringbone Gear
We supply OEM SERVICE, customized herringbone gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material gear shaft.
|Gear Teeth Number
|Range: HRC 50~HRC63(Quenching)
|Range: HB150~HB280; Hardening Tempering/ Hardened Tooth Surface
|Tooth surface roughness
|Gear Accuracy Grade
|Grade Range: 5-6-7-8-9 (ISO 1328)
|Range: >100kg/ Single Piece
|Toothed Portion Shape
|Herringbone, Spur, Helical, Girth gear etc
|Herringbone Gear ring
|Casting 45# steel or Customized
|Gear Teeth Milling
|Gear Teeth Grinding
|Gearbox, Reducer etc
|Export package (steel frame, wooden box, etc.)
TOTEM Machinery all the time works to supply GEAR SHAFT, ECCENTRIC SHAFT, HERRINGBONE GEAR, BEVEL GEAR, INTERNAL GEAR and other parts for transmission device & equipment (large industrial reducer & driver). Which mainly use to industrial equipment on fields of port facilities, cement, mining, metallurgical industry etc.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality suppliers' network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
TOTEM Philosophy: Quality-No.1, Integrity- No.1, Service- No.1
24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback. Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
1. Workshop & Processing Strength
2. Testing Facilities
3. Customer Inspection & Shipping
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Machinery Co.,Ltd
Facebook: ZheJiang Tote
What's CHINAMFG product processing progress?
Drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
How about TOTEM's export package?
Spray anti-rust oil on Herringbone Gear Shaft, Wrap waterproof cloth around Gear Shaft for reducer, Prepare package by shaft shape&weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
Could I customize gear\gear shaft on TOTEM?
We supply customized Gear Shaft,Eccentric Shaft,Herringbone Gear,Internal Gear,Bevel Gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, forging or casting 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material.
Why can I choose TOTEM?
TOTEM has 24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality supplier's network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
|Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery, Gearbox
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Are bevel gears suitable for high-torque applications?
Bevel gears can indeed be suitable for high-torque applications, depending on various factors such as the specific design, material selection, and proper application engineering. Here's a detailed explanation:
Bevel gears are known for their ability to transmit power between intersecting shafts at different angles. They can handle significant torque loads and are commonly used in applications that require high-torque transmission. However, the suitability of bevel gears for high-torque applications depends on the following factors:
- Design: The design of the bevel gears plays a crucial role in their ability to handle high torque. Factors such as tooth profile, size, and geometry impact the load-carrying capacity and torque transmission capability. Bevel gears with robust and optimized designs, including suitable tooth profiles and adequate tooth engagement, can effectively handle high-torque applications.
- Material Selection: The choice of materials for bevel gears is critical in high-torque applications. Gears need to be made from materials with high strength, hardness, and wear resistance to withstand the forces and stresses involved in transmitting high torque. Common materials used for bevel gears include alloy steels, carburizing steels, and specialty alloys. Material selection should consider the specific torque requirements, operating conditions, and anticipated loads to ensure the gears can handle the desired torque levels.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation in high-torque bevel gear applications. Adequate lubrication helps maintain a lubricating film between the gear teeth, minimizing metal-to-metal contact and associated losses. The lubricant type, viscosity, and replenishment schedule should be selected based on the torque and operating conditions to ensure effective lubrication and minimize gear wear.
- Gear Size and Ratio: The size of the bevel gears and the gear ratio can influence their torque-handling capability. Larger gears generally have greater tooth strength and load-carrying capacity, making them more suitable for high-torque applications. The gear ratio should also be considered to ensure it is appropriate for the desired torque transmission and to avoid excessive loads on the gears.
- Operating Conditions: The operating conditions, including speed, temperature, and shock loads, must be taken into account when determining the suitability of bevel gears for high-torque applications. Higher speeds and extreme operating temperatures can affect the gear material properties, lubrication performance, and overall gear system efficiency. Proper cooling, temperature control, and gear protection measures should be implemented to maintain reliable performance under high-torque conditions.
By considering these factors and properly engineering the bevel gear system, it is possible to utilize bevel gears in high-torque applications effectively. However, it is crucial to consult with experienced engineers and perform thorough analysis and testing to ensure the gears can handle the specific torque requirements of the application.
How do you retrofit an existing mechanical system with a bevel gear?
Retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a bevel gear involves modifying the system to incorporate the bevel gear for improved functionality or performance. Here's a detailed explanation of the retrofitting process:
- Evaluate the Existing System: Begin by thoroughly evaluating the existing mechanical system. Understand its design, components, and operational requirements. Identify the specific areas where the introduction of a bevel gear can enhance the system's performance, efficiency, or functionality.
- Analyze Compatibility: Assess the compatibility of the existing system with the integration of a bevel gear. Consider factors such as available space, load requirements, torque transmission, and alignment feasibility. Determine if any modifications or adaptations are necessary to accommodate the bevel gear.
- Design Considerations: Based on the system evaluation and compatibility analysis, develop a design plan for incorporating the bevel gear. Determine the appropriate gear type, size, and configuration that best suits the retrofitting requirements. Consider factors such as gear ratio, torque capacity, tooth profile, and mounting options.
- Modify Components: Identify the components that need modification or replacement to integrate the bevel gear. This may involve machining new shafts or shaft extensions, modifying housing or mounting brackets, or adapting existing components to ensure proper alignment and engagement with the bevel gear.
- Ensure Proper Alignment: Proper alignment is crucial for the successful integration of the bevel gear. Ensure that the existing system components and the bevel gear are aligned accurately to maintain smooth and efficient power transmission. This may involve adjusting shaft positions, aligning bearing supports, or employing alignment fixtures during the retrofitting process.
- Lubrication and Sealing: Consider the lubrication requirements of the bevel gear system. Ensure that appropriate lubricants are selected and provisions for lubrication are incorporated into the retrofit design. Additionally, pay attention to sealing arrangements to prevent lubricant leakage or ingress of contaminants into the gear system.
- Testing and Validation: After the retrofitting process is complete, conduct thorough testing and validation of the modified mechanical system. Ensure that the bevel gear functions as intended and meets the desired performance requirements. Perform functional tests, load tests, and monitor the system for any abnormalities or issues.
- Maintenance and Documentation: Develop a maintenance plan for the retrofitted system, including periodic inspection, lubrication, and any specific maintenance tasks related to the bevel gear. Document the retrofitting process, including design modifications, component specifications, alignment procedures, and any other relevant information. This documentation will be valuable for future reference, troubleshooting, or potential further modifications.
Retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a bevel gear requires careful planning, engineering expertise, and attention to detail. It is recommended to involve experienced gear engineers or professionals with expertise in retrofitting processes to ensure a successful integration and optimal performance of the bevel gear within the system.
By retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a bevel gear, it is possible to enhance its capabilities, improve efficiency, enable new functionalities, or address specific performance issues. Proper analysis, design, and implementation are essential to achieve a successful retrofit and realize the desired benefits of incorporating a bevel gear into the system.
How do you choose the right size bevel gear for your application?
Choosing the right size bevel gear for your application involves considering various factors such as load requirements, speed ratios, tooth geometry, and material selection. Here's a detailed explanation of the considerations involved in selecting the right size bevel gear:
- Load Requirements: Determine the torque and power requirements of your application. This involves understanding the load conditions, including the magnitude and direction of the applied forces. Calculate the required torque capacity of the bevel gear based on the expected load and operating conditions.
- Speed Ratios: Determine the desired speed ratios between the input and output shafts. Bevel gears are often used to transmit rotational motion at different speeds. Calculate the required gear ratio to achieve the desired speed output and select bevel gears with appropriate tooth counts to achieve the desired ratio.
- Tooth Geometry: Consider the tooth geometry of the bevel gears. Straight bevel gears and spiral bevel gears have different tooth profiles and engagement characteristics. Evaluate the impact of tooth geometry on factors such as noise, vibration, smoothness of operation, and load-carrying capacity. Choose the tooth profile that best suits the specific requirements of your application.
- Material Selection: Consider the material properties of the bevel gears. The material should have sufficient strength, durability, and resistance to wear and fatigue. Common materials for bevel gears include steel alloys, cast iron, and non-ferrous alloys. The material selection should be based on factors such as load requirements, operating conditions (e.g., temperature, moisture), and any specific industry standards or regulations.
- Size and Dimensions: Consider the physical size and dimensions of the bevel gears. Evaluate the available space and clearance in your application to ensure proper fit and alignment of the gears. Consider factors such as the gear diameter, face width, and shaft bore diameter. Ensure that the selected bevel gears can be mounted and meshed correctly with the mating gears.
- Manufacturing and Cost Considerations: Take into account any specific manufacturing considerations or constraints. Consider factors such as gear manufacturing methods (e.g., cutting, shaping, forging), availability of standard gear sizes or custom gear manufacturing options, and associated costs. Balance the performance requirements of your application with the available budget and manufacturing feasibility.
It is often beneficial to consult with gear manufacturers, engineers, or industry experts to ensure the proper selection of bevel gears for your specific application. They can provide guidance on gear design, material selection, and performance analysis to help you choose the right size bevel gear that meets your requirements.
In summary, choosing the right size bevel gear involves considering factors such as load requirements, speed ratios, tooth geometry, material selection, size and dimensions, and manufacturing considerations. Taking into account these factors will help ensure that the selected bevel gear is suitable for your application, providing reliable and efficient power transmission.
editor by CX 2023-10-07